Manual Lymphatic Drainage – 2 Day Workshop
$660.00 (incl GST)
Take your Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) skills to the next level
Extend your skill set in manual lymphatic drainage, brush up on sequences, broaden your knowledge on complications, design a treatment plan.
This is a two-day REFRESHER, hands-on workshop. The theory component will be brief as it is expected that you will have a working knowledge of the lymphatic system with training in manual lymphatic drainage (or Decongestive Lymphatic Therapy). It is expected that you currently provide manual lymphatic drainage as part of your service, but want to build confidence and knowledge around the “how to” process (such as complex cases).
Gympie Qld 4570
Friday 01 and Saturday 02 October 2021
8.30am – 4.30pm daily
Two days jam-packed with knowledge, tips n' tricks, and confidence building. There will be a brief PowerPoint for you to watch on the first morning. Most of the talking will be done while we are practising.
Short breaks - catered, so no time wasted waiting for microwaves! Coffee, tea and water on tap.
Class numbers are limited. This ensures you head back to your workplace filled with confidence and enthusiasm from the weekend of training. It also ensures that I have enough time to work alongside each of you to fine tune your technique, help you combine your own techniques with mine, answer your individual questions.
Combine this workshop with the 2-day compression bandaging refresher course.
- Demonstrate the ability to practice this technique safely
- Demonstrate the preparation process
- Discuss the principles of manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
- Understand the objectives and outcomes of MLD technique
- Review and understand contraindications and precautions for MLD
- Recognise responses to MLD
- Explain and demonstrate diaphragmatic breathing
- Apply critical thinking to considerations for sequences
- Understand different treatment considerations for various demographics
- Effectively explain to client/carer how to perform MLD
- Demonstrate competency performing MLD sequences
- Utilise available resources for optimal treatment
What will be Covered:
- Sequences tailored to class request
- Lipo-lymphoedema (e.g. cancer-related upper limb oedema + leg lipoedema)
- Surgical excision of lymph nodes / radiation damage
- Creative positioning
- Risk v reward
- The poor historian
- Infection (e.g. cellulitis), superficial thrombophlebitis, DVT
- Medical devices
- Referral process for lymphatic mapping
- and lots more….
- Working knowledge of the lymphatic system
- Prior completion of a manual lymphatic drainage course or above (e.g. DLT)
- Currently providing manual lymphatic drainage in your treatments
- This is a face-to-face practical workshop, no home study required
What is included in the workshop fees?
- Morning tea and lunch
- Tea and coffee, water
- Printed material
- Notebook and pen
- Short PowerPoint presentation and hands-on workshop
What should I wear?
- You will be giving and receiving MLD with appropriate draping
- Conference rooms can sometimes be cool, you may wish to bring a cardigan
What do I need to bring?
- Sheet/towel to cover massage table
- Sheet/towel to cover you
- Small towel for chest drape
- 2-3 pillows/cushions (one for your head, 2 for under legs)
- I use a sarong for the client cover
- I will provide portable massage tables over the weekend
- If bringing pillows/linen is a challenge, please let me know
- If you have any questions with your booking, please contact me prior to paying for your ticket.
- Numbers are limited to ensure you leave feeling confident providing an appropriate sequence and technique
- You are welcome to email prior to the workshop date, any related MLD questions that you would like answered over the weekend.
Will catering be provided?
- morning tea and lunch
Please advise via email of any dietary requirements. While every effort is made to meet dietary requirements, if your requirements are complicated or cause significant illness, it would be best to bring your own food.
What qualification will this training give me?
No actual qualification will be given. This is a professional development workshop designed to increase your current knowledge of manual lymphatic drainage. It has been designed to refresh your skill set, increase your knowledge, expose you to complex cases and increase your confidence in providing manual lymphatic drainage.
Can I be a member of the Australasian Lymphology Association (ALA)?
This will not give you a qualification to become a member of the ALA as it is a short refresher course. However, while this course is not an accredited ALA course, the hours can be used for professional development for the ALA.
I need to cancel/change my booking?
Please refer to the “Terms and Conditions” tab.
Terms & Conditions
Once you have ticked the box which says ‘I have read and accepted the conditions” you are then deemed to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
If you do not understand any of the terms and conditions, please contact us by phone on 0402 988 423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will enable us to clarify your query prior to you accepting the terms and conditions set out below.
FORMS AND BROCHURES
Each product can be downloaded twice only. However, you should only need to do this once. The second download is in case you have a technical hitch. Save the original to your computer. Make a copy for editing. You can print this as many times as you need. You have 30 days to download the product. If you do not download the product within that timeframe, you will need to re-purchase.
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
As the forms and brochures are downloaded immediately on payment, there are no refunds for these.
- This workshop will only go ahead if minimum numbers are met. In the case that minimum numbers are not met, and the course is cancelled, a full refund will be given.
- If either the venue or Lymphoedema Therapy, Training & Education cancel the workshop, a full refund will be given.
- If you cancel 14 days or more before the workshop start date, an administration fee of $50 will be charged and the balance of your fees refunded.
- If you cancel 13 days or less before the workshop start date, an administration fee of 50% will be charged. (I too have non-refundable fees for venue, catering, supplies and eventbrite).
- If this workshop is cancelled due to Government closures related to COVID-19, all fees will be refunded.
- If this workshop is postponed due to Government closures related to COVID-19, you may choose to attend new date or receive a full refund.
- If you cancel attendance of this workshop due to COVID-19, you will need to supply a medical certificate, an administration fee of $50 will be charged and the balance of your fees refunded.
- Any COVID-19 associated fees will be met by the attendee. If you require accommodation, etc please check any cancellation/refund policies.
- As part of attendance, you will be required to fill in necessary paperwork regarding your health. If on the day you display flu-like symptoms or have a raised temperature, you will be unable to attend and will lose 100% of your fees. There may be the option to transfer to another day.
Each webinar is available for 60 days to watch as often as you wish. At 60 days, the webinar will no longer be available. Please download and save the PDF notes to your device as it will also disappear at 60 days.
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
As the webinar is available for download immediately on payment, there are no refunds..