Compression Bandaging & Garment Refresher 2-Day Workshop
$770.00 (incl GST)
Are your compression bandaging skills a little rusty? Are you uncertain how to transition your client from bandaging to a garment?
This is a two-day REFRESHER, hands-on workshop. The theory component will be brief as it is expected that you will have a working knowledge of the lymphatic system with training in decongestive lymphatic therapy (or similar). It is expected that you currently provide a lymphoedema service in some capacity, but want to build confidence with bandaging, garments and the “how to” process.
Gympie Qld 4570
Sunday 03 and Monday 04 October 2021
8.30am – 4.30pm daily
Day 1: Brush up your short stretch bandaging skills:
Brief review of theory behind compression bandaging including contraindications, precautions and client suitability for bandaging.Redevelop your confidence through practicing the application of short stretch compression bandaging for upper and lower limb in this hands-on workshop. We will go through a treatment (bandaging) plan. You may even wish to keep your limb bandaged overnight, to get a true appreciation of the difficulties your client experiences with their activities of daily living. Receive a bandage kit that you will use during the weekend but is yours to keep.
Day 2: Transition from bandaging to compression garments:
Recap bandaging application, a quick presentation on compression garment precautions and how to decide which garment is most suitable. You will get the chance to see different styles of garments and get a feel for their purpose. If you have never worn a compression garment, you may like to don one to experience what your client goes through every day. You will also have an opportunity to practice the art of donning and doffing an arm or leg garment on a colleague. After lunch you will practice measuring for an arm and a leg sleeve and fill out the various paperwork.
Class numbers are kept low to allow more 1:1 time. You will leave this refresher course with a renewed confidence and enthusiasm with your bandaging skills.
- Describe the purpose of bandaging
- Describe contraindications and precautions for bandaging
- Demonstrate how to tailor bandaging to different limbs
- Describe the different bandaging alternatives
- Describe the rationale for the choice of bandaging supplies
- Differentiate between absolute and relative contraindications for prescribing a compression garment
- Identify when you would prescribe a compression garment
- Provide advice and recommendation on garment class
- Provide advice and recommendation to garment style
- Identify when a client has incorrect style and fitting of garment
- Competently measure RTW arm and leg garment
- Competently measure custom made arm and leg garment
- Understand the importance for accurate measurements
- Explain care of compression garments
- Demonstrate donning and doffing devices
- Demonstrate competence in completing a measurement form
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance which can be used for professional development purposes.
What are the pre-requisites?
- Prior completion of a decongestive lymphatic therapy (DLT) course (or similar)
- Currently working in this field providing a DLT service or part thereof
- This is a face-to-face practical workshop with no home study required
What is included in this workshop?
- Morning tea and lunch
- Tea and coffee, water
- Printed material
- Notebook and pen
- Delivery via short PowerPoint presentation and hands-on workshop
- A set of short stretch bandages to keep (used over the two-day workshop)
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothing that will allow an arm and a leg to be bandaged as well as measuring a limb. Sometimes air conditioning can be cool. You may wish to remove your footwear, but for hygiene purposes, bring a clean pair of thongs or socks that are quick and easy to get on and off during bandaging.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- If you have any questions with your booking, please contact me prior to paying for your ticket.
- Numbers are limited to ensure you leave feeling confident applying bandages, measuring for garments, and treatment planning regarding same.
- You are welcome to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the workshop date, any related bandaging/garment questions that you would like answered.
Please advise me via email – email@example.com of any dietary requirements. While every effort is made to meet dietary requirements, if your requirements are complicated or cause significant illness, it would be best to bring your own food.
Is there accommodation nearby?
Accommodation is available at the venue.
Where can I park?
Free parking is available at the venue.
Is WI-FI available?
WI-FI is available at the venue.
What qualification will this training give me?
No actual qualification will be given. This is a workshop designed to increase your current knowledge of manual lymphatic drainage. It has been designed to refresh your skill set, increase your knowledge, expose you to complex cases and increase your confidence in providing manual lymphatic drainage.
Can I be a member of the Australasian Lymphology Association (ALA)?
This will not give you a qualification to become a member of the ALA as it is a short refresher course. However, while this course is not an accredited ALA course, the hours can be used for professional development for the ALA.
I need to cancel/change my booking?
Please refer to the “Terms and Conditions” tab.
Terms & Conditions
Once you have ticked the box which says ‘I have read and accepted the conditions” you are then deemed to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
If you do not understand any of the terms and conditions, please contact us by phone on 0402 988 423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will enable us to clarify your query prior to you accepting the terms and conditions set out below.
FORMS AND BROCHURES
Each product can be downloaded twice only. However, you should only need to do this once. The second download is in case you have a technical hitch. Save the original to your computer. Make a copy for editing. You can print this as many times as you need. You have 30 days to download the product. If you do not download the product within that timeframe, you will need to re-purchase.
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
As the forms and brochures are downloaded immediately on payment, there are no refunds for these.
- This workshop will only go ahead if minimum numbers are met. In the case that minimum numbers are not met, and the course is cancelled, a full refund will be given.
- If either the venue or Lymphoedema Therapy, Training & Education cancel the workshop, a full refund will be given.
- If you cancel 14 days or more before the workshop start date, an administration fee of $50 will be charged and the balance of your fees refunded.
- If you cancel 13 days or less before the workshop start date, an administration fee of 50% will be charged. (I too have non-refundable fees for venue, catering, supplies and eventbrite).
- If this workshop is cancelled due to Government closures related to COVID-19, all fees will be refunded.
- If this workshop is postponed due to Government closures related to COVID-19, you may choose to attend new date or receive a full refund.
- If you cancel attendance of this workshop due to COVID-19, you will need to supply a medical certificate, an administration fee of $50 will be charged and the balance of your fees refunded.
- Any COVID-19 associated fees will be met by the attendee. If you require accommodation, etc please check any cancellation/refund policies.
- As part of attendance, you will be required to fill in necessary paperwork regarding your health. If on the day you display flu-like symptoms or have a raised temperature, you will be unable to attend and will lose 100% of your fees. There may be the option to transfer to another day.
Each webinar is available for 60 days to watch as often as you wish. At 60 days, the webinar will no longer be available. Please download and save the PDF notes to your device as it will also disappear at 60 days.
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
As the webinar is available for download immediately on payment, there are no refunds..